Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

Trailer Living



Getting used to being a presence on the internet is going to be a challenge for me, I can tell. I'm more likely to avoid spending too much time on the internet because I like being active more than I like working on a computer, but I am determined to make this blog work! And of course this all happens right when my 'backspace' key decides to quit on me. So whenever I misspell something or make any mistake, instead of just backspacing, I have to highlight it and replace it with something else... and trust me, I misspell just about every other word when typing. It's not even that I'm bad at spelling, it's just that I can't get my fingers to hit the right keys.

Anyway, on to my adventuresome life: As I mentioned in my previous post, I am going to be moving out of my current apartment and living on the farm this summer. I am so excited to be spending all that time down there with all the other farmers! To add to that experience I have decided to live in a camper trailer with no electricity or running water, but to do that I first had to find a trailer. Ideally it would be cheap, I'd like to actually save money by doing this. Well, I found one! And boy is it a uh... beauty? Someone who works next to the farm had one that they may end up just tearing apart but were willing to let me make use of it for a few months.


As you can see... there's not exactly a floor... There was so much water damage in the kitchen from a leaky roof that the floor had rotted away to a pile of mush. This was taken after we had taken up the carpet and the linoleum underneath. The plan right now is to clear away as much of the bad wood as possible without taking out the entire kitchen, then lay a couple new support beams and just put some plywood on top so that we can walk on it. I wont worry about nailing it all down since it's not going to be moved while we're there and it is extremely temporary. The rotten wood that we wont be able to take out is going to be bleached within an inch of its life so that all the mold goes away at least and the space will be livable.


The rest of the trailer is in pretty great shape, besides being dirty... and having a yellow jacket nest somewhere... but those are easily fixed with a little elbow grease :)  It even comes with old school Yahtzee and Scrabble! What more could I ask for? 

I'll keep you updated on our progress in making this trailer a summer living paradise! 

1 comments:

Jane said...

I was wondering why you were wearing a bandana other than super awesome style and it matched your hat perfectly. :) It all makes sense now. I can't wait to see the finished trailer and have a scrabble tea party in it!

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Elizabeth's Forrest | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs